Friday, March 21, 2008

Some whitefolks get it...

Why does former presidential candidate, Gov. Mike Huckabee understand the Wright/Obama situation? Anytime a self-described conservative like him can admit that he understands where both men are coming from, I have a bit more hope for this republic. Note, that I did not say that he agreed with either man, but he understood the context of the religious rhetoric and the stance Obama had to take in response.

"We got to cut some slack to people...sometimes people do have a chip on their shoulder...'I probably would too.'"
-Gov. Huckabee


America needs to ask itself why Adam and Eve were cast out of the Garden of Eden. It wasn't because they ate the forbidden fruit, it was because they were not accountable. Hopefully we can learn that lesson and truly begin to rebuild the republic.

1 comment:

M.J♥mmy said...

My sentiments exactly! I almost feel like I don't have to blog about certain issues because you have been taking the words directly out of my mouth. Love the blog. Keep it up :)

Creative Commons License
Negrointellectual by Vernon C. Mitchell, Jr. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.negrointellectual.blogspot.com.